And now he's using those verbal skills against us. Or his daddy, anyway. Brandon might be starting to agree with the doctor who said he was hesitant to help us get Peyton to talk because one day we'd come back to complain.
Last night we were eating supper at the table and breaking a cardinal rule of most houses (not ours). The TV was on while we ate. I had turned around in my chair to see the TV and a few minutes later I heard Peyton. He said 'Mommy, Daddy eat food'. I looked at Peyton and he clearly was telling on his Daddy. I looked at Brandon and he clearly needed to be told on. So I thought he had eaten some of Peyton's food but Peyton's plate looked the same as I had remembered. I tried to ask both of them what food daddy had eaten but I just got an I-got-caught look from Brandon and a he-did-it look from Peyton. So I went on to finish my supper. And then I realized what Daddy had eaten. He had taken food from MY plate! Brandon laughed A LOT when I realized I was the victim and Peyton still had the "What are you going to do about it" look.
I learned this morning that Peyton also told on his classmate for leaving the classroom yesterday. While I'm very glad he's talking freely and looking out for the safety of his peers, I can see how this could get out of hand...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment