Friday, June 11, 2010

As promised...


The deck will be beautiful when it's done and very comfortable. It will have a railing all the way around - except on the pool and a gate at the bottom of the stairs. And railing on the stairs. I'm so proud of all three guys! (Brandon, Joe & Ryan) They are doing a great job!! And they seem to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, too. I will confess that I threaten to cut off toes when they venture too far into the garden. See the 2x4 in the onions? I'm sure 'the wind blew it' there... There used to be another row of onions in front of those. They met a sad demise. Those were trampled and the ones that are still there are looking pretty bad. There were 2 rows of peas behind the onions and sadly we are down to one row. Its hard to see the peas in front of the squash. The peas are very delicate but they're there. I suspect that the peas were destroyed only partly by accident. I wasn't going to MAKE anyone eat peas...


See, one leg is in the garden. In all fairness, it was a part of the garden that I had let the grass get into. You see the big chunk of grass I still need to dig up. I've got to get a barrier up... Oh- and in the background you see Peyton trimming the tree.



Here is a TINY little green bean. Its on the tip of my index finger. See it?


Here is a bigger one. They are just so cute! I'm so excited about them!



And here is my first little squash. Its teeny as well and only vaguely resembles a squash right now but it'll be big before I know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment