It has been too cold to play outside
and I've grown tired of the dump-all-the-toys-in-the-floor-and-leave-them-game.
So I pulled out the tent. Peyton and his imaginary monster friend played in the tent all afternoon.
The monster doesn't have a name. Its just 'Monster'. He is friendly- but he bites. He is brown. He likes to eat tickets from Incredible pizza. (The proper way to feed him is to throw the tickets at him so he doesnt bite you) He is small enough to be carried in two hands and he fits inside a Capri Sun box. If you put your hand inside the box, he might bite you. He will follow a trail of tickets if you want him to follow you to a different room. He likes to read books. He likes to camp.
The monster was sleeping right there by Peyton's head. Did you see him? I didn't.
(I saw Woody but Woody isn't a monster. I asked.) And, yes, Peyton really is sleeping.
And here is my cave. While Peyton and the monster played in the tent on Saturday I cleaned out the office. (Mom, can you believe it??) I'm having a tiny little panic attack right now thinking about the things I took to Goodwill this weekend but I'm thrilled with the usable office space. I didn't take a picture of it but there is actually a wide open space in the middle of the floor where you can... walk around. I managed to fit our food storage, my 'closet' and the drying rack in there, too. I didn't fit the ironing board in there but I might still figure that out.
And, of course, Brandon's cave was the garage.

No comments:
Post a Comment