For 68 days our house has been animal-free. Well, pet-free. It turns out our attic is full of mice. Or maybe its just one big mouse. It lives with the anaconda up there. (And the guys wonder why I have to harness my chi everytime I go up there.) Saturday night Brandon and I were watching a movie in the garage when we heard something walking around in the attic. Did you get that? We HEARD something WALKING AROUND up there. We looked at the ceiling then looked at each other and immediately decided to get a cat. Later I remembered why we didn't have a cat in the first place. We had dogs that DID NOT tolerate a cat in the house and we didn't have a suitable place for a cat to live outside. Well, those reasons no longer stand up. I DO NOT want another furry animal in my house but, apparently even more, I do not want mice (or snakes) inside my house, either.
We decided to go to the shelter the next day but Sunday proved to be too busy and Brandon practically passes the shelter on the way home from work so he said he would bring one home on Monday. I gave him the following qualifications:
1. Young-ish (needs to be up to the challenge)
2. Short-haired
3. At the shelter for the longest period of time
4. Black (that was Peyton's choice)
So while there is a list of things I am NOT looking forward to today, I am ecstatic at the thought of a feline employee.
(Don't you love how I made you read through my thought process just to say 'we're getting a cat'?) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment