I tweet.
Well, technically, Allison at GSO Weddings tweets. Yes, I signed GSO (Glass Slipper Occasions) up for twitter and began tweeting on Friday. As much sadness as that has brought my family so far, its been great for business!! Ok so no actual clients have signed a contract yet but within 24 hours of signing up I got photos from a photographer who had been putting me off for months!!! (Thats HUGE!) The more photos I get from photographers the better my online portfolio looks and the more (potentially) clients I can get.
I know what you're thinking, though, who on earth would care that I had chicken for dinner last night? Well right now, 11 people. (which means I'm wildly unpopular in twitterland- the people I actually know on twitter (not celebrities or news outlets) have between 33 and 395 followers.) Thats what they're called- followers. You should join just to say you have followers! And actually you don't tweet about chicken. UNLESS the chicken reminded you of the fantastic chicken a client had on the menu at her wedding last month and you're going to post a link to the pictures. THATS twitter! It's just another social network but this one works great for business! I can't figure out why a person would tweet about regular life all the time. But I won't dwell on that. I need the non-business people to have twitter accounts so they will follow me and then click on the link to my website and book a wedding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment