Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby peppers

So Blogger is just another outlet for my procrastinating... I have a million things I need to get done tonight but I'm just sitting here eating popcorn and reading other people's blogs. And now I'm going to brag about my little peppers!

I found 3 (I think) teeny little jalapenos today and one itty bitty cayenne pepper!! I'm so excited! I just love it when I raise little plants! I kept forgetting to take the camera out so pictures will have to come later. They had better not get eaten by rodents tonight! (or any other night)

AND I think I found a living watermelon plant! I thought they all had died but I found a long vine hiding on the side of the garden when I was pulling weeds today. Woo hoo!

I have to brag on my garden because Brandon came out and inspected it yesterday and said that it wasn't cutting it!!! ... I know!!! I was offended!! Pretty much all that lived were peppers and tomatoes. We'll have one lonely onion and two lettuce plants but that's it. The one corn stalk is just growing and growing but it's by itself so it won't produce anything. He said that a local grow shop sells vegetable plants for a dollar when they get to be a foot high. So I guess I"m going to go by once a week and see if I can replace some of the ones we lost.

Not cutting it.... I think it's doing pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment