Peyton is enamoured with Nemo right now so I'll take another minute to update about the garden. When last I wrote Brandon had come out and said it 'wasn't cutting it'. Well since then it has been thriving. I actually found a watermelon vine! I know, you're thinking, 'how could you lose it?' Well, I'm not sure, really. I thought they all had died but this one was growing along the grass line and I couldnt see it until I almost pulled it up as a weed. It's doing great now! The corn is almost as tall as me but, of course, just the one stalk! We are about to have more jalapenos than we know what to do with! We don't actually eat jalapenos... I think Brandon just wanted to see how much stuff we could grow. So I dont know what we're going to do with them all but I"m sure we'll find some takers! The cayenne peppers are right behind the jalapenos just growing and growing. we'll have a bunch of those too but at least we'll eat those. I planted some new onions and the little babies are doing well. The one is getting pretty big. The lettuce plants are still growing. They seem to take forever! But as long as they don't get eaten by something I"ll be happy. The tomato plants are just huge! I have a bunch of little green romas all over. SOO happy about those!! And then my sweet peppers are taking their sweet time. Still no little buds on them. But they were also the last to sprout so we'll see what they do. I think it will be winter before I get a whole bell pepper!
The lawn guy was just here so I think we probably better fill up the baby pool and get to some garden maintenance before the weeds start to take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment