Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How to package frozen burrito

I know you didn't ask, but I would be remiss if I gave you a recipe for this fantastic burrito and didn't show you how I keep it tasting so good after it is reheated.  I think its the most crucial part!
First, pile on the insides

Then wrap the burrito like you're swaddling a baby.  (except close the top, too!)
Since I used this new brand of tortilla, it was soft enough not to tear when I folded it cold.  Last time I had to heat up the tortillas just a little to make them pliable.

Wrap your little burrito again in a paper towel using the same swaddling method.

Wrap it yet again in a sheet of foil.


When you're done and you have a shining pile of goodness,

Stuff them all into a freezer bag and seal. 

I learned from (you guessed it) moneysavingmom.com that I need to keep as much air from the food as possible.  This works!!!

One little guy didn't fit but he went in with the mcmuffins, which I packaged the same way.


To reheat, I unwrap the burrito from the foil, save it for later, and loosely unwrap the paper towel but keep the burrito covered.  I microwave it for one minute and, voila, I have a hot, good for me breakfast!

The bag and foil don't generally have food on them so when I'm done with one, I keep it for the next batch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment