Monday, April 19, 2010

Living Room Gymnastics

Ok its blog time. I had written a little blurb about what Peyton and I did while we were stuck inside the house this weekend but my computer at home froze and I lost it. But it was so fun I had to share it.

It rained all weekend long and Peyton had just gotten used to going outside to play 'football' which is actually basketball. He currently calls all sports using a ball 'football'. So anyway, he was very sad that he couldnt go outside. He even brought me shoes so we could go! And when I said we couldn't go out because it was raining he pointed to my umbrella hanging in the doorway! So cute!

So I came up with an alternative. I cleared the living room as much as possible and brought out his old baby mattress that he no longer associates with a bed and we took turns hopping and marching and flipping and rolling across it. He even learned new phrases! He said 'this way' and 'your turn'. We spent hours playing on it and he slept very well Friday and Sunday nights! I let him run and be loud and pretty much just be 2 while we were playing with the mattress and he loved it! I dont think he missed 'football' at all!

I thought I was getting sick Sunday night but once we stopped for a while the nausea stopped and my head cleared! I completely understood why mom & dad didn't ride roller coasters when we were teenagers! Some things are just not worth it! It WAS hard to say no when Peyton told me it was my turn, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment