Okay blogosphere, I'm back! For some reason I really want to title this post "Day 1". Its certainly not "Day 1" of anything except the new phase of my blog. But this IS the beginning of a new phase of the Anderson life (just maybe not Day 1). This summer, brandon is taking a break from classes at UCO in Edmond, and working at Earls. Beginning with the Fall 13 semester, he plans to quit working full time and take 17 hours of classes at UCO. Repeat for the Spring 14 semester. Then during the summer of 2014, we plan to relocate to Norman so that he can begin taking classes full-time at OU. All of that means lots of changes for our household and change means anxiety for me. And anxiety for me means OCD planning. Like files and binders and drawings. Don't judge! Its how I roll.
We are looking at apartments on and near the OU campus. Brandon wants to live here. I would like to live here or here or here.
No matter where we land, the bottom line is, we've got to downsize. A LOT!! I'm okay with the idea of purging, but my idea of purging is going from four cutting boards down to two. Being able to live comfortably with less stuff and less room than I do now is giving me heart palpatations. Did you look at those kitchens??? Pretty sure there's not a place for my tupperware cabinet. I do not know how we are going to do this. And the possibility of not having my own washer and dryer is pretty frightening as well.
When the Boyle family moved to Texas A&M, we dubbed the experience, our 3-year Camping Trip. I've been holding on to that mentality (really hard) but the images of some of the bathrooms I've seen are making me think more of a 1-star hotel than a camping trip, which, for me, is way worse than camping. Probably because I camp like this. Sooo, if I'm going to rough it for three years, Im going to do it Troop Beverly Hills style.
![]() |
| black and white kitchen |
So here's my plan for today (and by today I mean this moment... the plan for TODAY is actually work, swim lessons, dinner, bath, bedtime, lunch prep, bed... seriously who has time to move!?):
black and white overall color scheme for the apartment with pops of color for each room. I'm liking the metallic accents in this kitchen.
At the very least, this gives me a place to start. All white towels so the colored towels are the ones to go; keep the black curtains; big ugly cherry desk goes away, small black table/desk goes to Norman.
Still haven't figured out the whole tupperware situation, but there may be hope yet...


No comments:
Post a Comment