Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In January...

As you know, Peyton is very into cooking and helping in the kitchen lately.  Since I have started cooking crock pot meals regularly, we are pretty much able to walk in the door, set the table and eat.  So while I'm getting the food out of the crock pot, Peyton sets the table.

Peyton spent the night with Nana recently and I had to take a picture.  He looked like quite the traveler!

The best part of the whole week is Saturday morning.  Peyton wakes me up and we sit in the 'big chair' with our milk and coffee and watch Power Rangers together.

Peyton and Nana and I had some time to kill one day so we stopped in Barnes and Noble.  Nana looked at some books and Peyton built the longest train ever!  And I took pictures.

Occasionally I help Kathy stage houses and we had a couple this month.  Peyton is big enough that he can help now, so he got to go with us.  He was a good helper!  That day happened to be pajama day at school so thats why he is in his PJ's. 

Sometimes you have to wait for your next job when staging a house.  He had a puzzle that he put together several times.

Brandon and Peyton looking at the new Devon building being built.


One weekend Nana and Daddy and Peyton and I went to a Harlem Globetrotters game. Peyton was SOOO excited! It was his first basketball game.




Peyton's new friend is a toy lizard.  They are inseparable lately. ( Lizard eats golfballs.)


Of course I've been trying lots of things from Pinterest.  I popped popcorn in a brown paper bag and I was SERIOUSLY impressed!!!  So was Peyton.

Next I made a drying mat for my rainboots.  I'm in love with it!!  This one turned out so cute that I took it to work.  I'll have to make another one for home.

Someone... I won't say who... dropped the tub with laundry detergent and broke the bottom.  So I had a spare lid that was perfect for a boot drying mat.  I just hot glued decorative marbles to it and, voila! 

And another of my projects turned out just lovely so I'm sharing.  This was a frozen chicken that I put in the crockpot with some carrots, green onions, parsley, garlic, shallots & S&P.  Isn't it pretty?

Put it in the fridge overnight.  Started the crockpot in the morning.


And, ahh!  Roasted chicken & carrots, a pot full of broth and bones for another pot of broth.  Does it GET any better than that??  Oh wait, it does.  I was pulling into the driveway at 6:00 and we were done eating at 6:30.  Everything was cleaned up by 6:45.  Kind of the perfect evening in my book. 

And I just have to show this to you.  Again... Pinterest... told me to try putting the ends of green onions in water and they would grow into new green onions.  So I did.  And this is how much they grew in 24 hours.  That has to be at least 1/4 of an inch of growth.  I couldn't believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment