Monthly Cooking Weekend got off to a great start! Friday night Peyton and I put in a chicken, made a batch of oatmeal, granola bars, a pot of rice and a batch of chicken chili.
Saturday morning my stomach was growling before I even got out of bed because the house smelled so good!
Peyton went to Aunt Joann's house to play for several hours on Saturday and I had planned to knock out the whole list of foods for February. I wanted to stop by Goodwill for a couple of old sweaters I could use for making leg warmers. While I had a childless morning. Then I was supposed to go home and finish cooking.
I got a little carried away.
I DID find some great sweaters that will make great leg warmers. But I also found a pair of jeans that retail for around $200, a jacket, a skirt, several shirts, shoes and a ring and bracelet.
I also found a few shirts for Peyton.
And I got so excited about all of my sweater projects that I started cutting parts off of the shirts to see what they would look like. See my first bracelet? Used to be a collar.
At some point, I stopped playing dress up and got back to cooking. And by some point, I mean much later that night.
I think the only other thing I accomplished that night was a pot of chicken broth.
Sunday I continued to cook and when we decided to have a few people over to watch the Super Bowl (last minute, as always) I made salsa, spinach artichoke dip and queso.
None of those things were on the list... :( But they were pretty good!! I could pretty much eat an entire batch of salsa and spinach artichoke dip by myself.
I'm not sure when I made it, but I made a batch of dishwasher detergent also. I've used it several times (you have to wash dishes A LOT during monthly cooking weekend) and so far I like it. It made A TON- I'll see how long it lasts.
I'll pick up on the cooking next weekend. The month may be over by the time I finish the list!

No comments:
Post a Comment