Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Could this weekend have gotten any better?

I only needed 1/4 of the pods this year.  I'm still planning on 20 varieties this year- I'm just planting fewer of each plant and direct sowing more seeds than I have before.  I should have enough to keep me busy from now until the first frost.  That is, until we plant a trampoline or something on top of the garden.  :)

I turned every inch of soil over and pulled weeds this past weekend.  Next weekend Brandon has promised to build a retaining wall.  I'm SOO excited!!

And the highlight of Peyton's weekend:  Kristine & Brandon took him shopping while I cleaned up the garden.   He came home with the 'coolest ever' Cars light-up shoes and Cars backpack/lunchbox.  I MUST take a picture of Peyton carrying the backpack/lunchbox combo.  The backpack is made for a larger child and the lunchbox clips onto the front of the backpack.  Of course he needed to wear the whole ensemble to the car yesterday morning and it was all he could do to haul himself across the yard.  He only has clothes in his backpack so he could manage that just fine but when you clip on the lunchbox onto it, it becomes heavy and almost drags on the ground.  The dance he does to see his shoes light up is adorable also!!  And he can strap on his shoes himself which is AWESOME! 

This was another weekend where Peyton took a big step into growing up.  (ironically he had terrible growing pains during the night Sunday night...)  He started packing his own lunches, laying out his own clothes and putting on his own shoes.  And he feeds the cats himself and has a snack drawer of his own. 

Disclosure:  Peyton asked for some jobs to do last week, and his new jobs are laying out his clothes, packing his lunch & feeding the cats.  The snack drawer helps with the lunch packing and he's even eating better at home now that he chooses the foods himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment