Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time for an update

Its been a while since I did my blog thing and several times lately I've thought, 'That would be a good story for the blog".  So I guess I better get to it. 

This has been a weird october.  Well... weird, yes.  But full is more like it.  All in one week I have been surprised that October is already half over and thought 'when will this month be over??'.  So let's recap:

September was full of birthday parties and family visits and it was all wonderful.  I really did enjoy every minute. 

Then last Tuesday Brandon went in to have his eyes checked for a new contact prescription and found out he had an ulcer on his eye.  It sounds as bad as it is.  He was devastated that he had to wear glasses indefinitely.  The glasses made him sick and the eye was uncomfortable to put it mildly.  Currently the ulcer is healing and contacts have been ordered but he will have to try several (probably) to get the right contacts for his eyes.  He has adjusted to glasses and life is better. 

The following Friday Mom, Aunt Lynn, Chaney, Peyton and I all went to Amarillo for Gamy's 80th birthday party.  But before we left town, Atlas and Joey got out of the yard and could not be found.  (More on that story in another post).

Gamy's birthday party was great.  She had lots of friends and family there and, I think, she really enjoyed it.  It was fun to have so much family there at once.  Saturday evening the kids were playing in Ginny and Tony's living room and I felt a weird sense of transition watching another generation pass through that house. 

Peyton and I came home Sunday night and hit the ground running.  Monday morning came quickly and it was back to life as usual.  This morning I was enjoying a 'lazy' morning at work without deadlines when I heard what sounded like the wind just before a tornado comes by.  Then the building shook a little and I thought something must have crashed outside.  (That happens pretty often outside the maintenance department)  Then I realized it was too loud and the building shook too much for a crash and I thought there was an explosion (like a bomb).  Then (as the building continued to shake), I realized that we were having an earthquake and ran to the nearest doorway.  It was a 5.1 mag earthquake and I would prefer not to experience a stronger one! 

And now I am enjoying a fantastic fall afternoon.  The kind we get only a few times a year here.  I had roasted pepper & gouda soup for lunch and am enjoying a cup of starbucks coffee with hazelnut creamer.  And this evening there is a strong possibility of dinner on the deck.  At least right now, I'm okay with a few more weeks of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment