Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Mouse Trap vs. The Neurologist

First we had snakes.  Then the rabbit showed up.  I think both are still around but my latest nemesis is a 2" gray mouse.  A smart gray mouse.  I've seen him everyday for about a week now and he scares me everytime.  I've seen him run up under the dishwasher, behind the oven, behind the trashcan and even jump (or maybe fall) from the top shelf in the front closet.  The thing is, he isn't leaving much of a trail and Brandon has never seen him.  I would expect to find droppings and chewed up containers but we have none of that.  Well, I have found a few droppings.  Even as Brandon was setting the traps, he looked at me like I was crazy.  I kind of get it.  He said he believed that we had A mouse but the way I talked about it sounded like an infestation.  Usually when you SEE a mouse, you have a lot more than one and there are signs of an infestation everywhere.  Again, I get it, BUT...  So Brandon indulged his crazy wife and we put down mouse traps in as many places as we could and we waited. 

Two days later I'm still waiting and I'm still terrorized by this genious mouse.  Everyday he makes a run for it in a new place and scares me anew.  And everyday he isn't ensnared Brandon wonders a little more if he should find a notable neurologist.  I'm beginning to agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment