Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Back!

Its been a while... I've been busy! I guess it takes six months to get the hang of a new schedule. Or at least it took me six months this time. Work has become routine now and I'm able to include other things in my schedule like daydreaming about the garden and going to the gym! This winter has been so dreary, I've been thinking way too much about my outdoor plans! I may already have plans too big for the backyard! Don't get me wrong, we've enjoyed the snow and the (several) days off work/school in front of the fire but I've had my fill of winter. i'm ready for spring!! But I did discover that February has one redeeming quality- I get to start my garden! Seeds are available to buy and Peyton and I have been perusing the aisle making our selections. So far I have grape tomatoes, yellow squash, green beans and sugar snap peas (and a sketch of the garden plans)! Today I decided to make a garden for Peyton out of his old plastic wading pool . I had intended to give him part of my garden to work but my plans expanded...

Here is the 2010 crop list:
Outside:
sugar snap peas
green beans
yellow squash
onions
grape tomatoes
garlic
shallots
carrots
jalapenos
cayenne
bell peppers

Inside:
cilantro
italian parsley
iceberg lettuce
spinach

I just started a new gardening/cooking blog at www.miniaturefarmer.blogspot.com but I don't want to post (much) family happenings on that one. (food and family DO overlap sometimes!) On the other hand, I dont want to post what I had for dinner and the nutritional values on this blog! The Mini Farmer blog is public and this one is not so I'll still post videos and pictures here.

I hope to get better and posting pictures and video here so everyone can see them at the same time. I have a little better grip on my time now so it should happen. Peyton 'asked' to go swimming when we were at the gym last night. It never occurred to me that we could be swimming right now! So I told him we could swim tonight. I should have some good stories!

1 comment:

  1. Just to be clear- I'm not actually considering planting anything in February! I'll start seeds in the kitchen in March but I'm buying seeds now while the selection is good. (Or just because I want to...) and I only DECIDED to make peyton's little garden today. It won't be made until I plant in April/May.

    ReplyDelete