Friday, July 24, 2009

Peyton Speaks!

I just had to tell you about the cutest thing Peyton is doing today. I noticed him doing it once or twice during the day but he really got the hang of it tonight when we were going through his train book. Every night we 'read' his train book (that is shaped like a train) and identify all the different things. He points to the tunnel, and the tracks and the light, and the baby, etc... Well tonight I asked him where the 'whatever' was and he would hold out his hands and say 'i dun nuh'! I have no idea where he picked it up but it was really really cute!! He keeps saying clear little phrases out of no where. Sometimes its a one time thing but I accidentally reinforced this one so I'm thinking it might stick. I laughed at him and tickled him when he did it so he did it for most of the book. On his birthday he said 'i love you' back to brandon. Both of us heard him or we wouldnt have believed he said it. He hasnt said it again even though brandon has tried (and tried and tried) to get him to say it again! He said something else today too but I cant remember what it was now. He does say 'oh no!' a lot too (again with the hands out in front of him). But other than that we're still trying to translate. I usually can figure out what he's saying but no one else can understand his language. He has lots of single words but phrases are new this week. He's getting there though!

No comments:

Post a Comment