Monday, July 20, 2009

Garden Update

As promised, here is the latest update on the Sweet Baby watermelon. I think it will only get to be about 5 lbs. So very cute!

The other day a bad thunderstorm rolled through and got our house. Peyton and I were at Walmart and Brandon was at work so luckily our cars weren't at home to get the damage and the house seems to be damage free but the garden was kind of shredded. It was sad... I'm still picking up fallen peppers! But it only took a day or two to turn the plants around. Everything except the corn is doing great again. Here is the hail that accumulated on the deck. Its probably 1/2 melted here.

You can't see it very well but the plants were very droopy from the hail.

Poor corn! You can see the damage here. It was literally shredded.

This is what I collected the next day, though. I always pick the tomatoes a day or two before they're really ready b/c the bugs get to them before I can if I don't.

This is the last couple of days' findings. The red peppers on the right are drying to be crushed later. I just ate the very first tomato to be ready. It was delish!





No comments:

Post a Comment