Monday, May 18, 2009

May Update

I was sitting here trying to decide what to write about and I was thinking about how very 'web savvy' I've become. (I now have TWO blogs! - this one and one for work) So I'm thinking 'oh my how far I've come...' and I somehow post an entry on MY WORK blog (that I truly didn't know I was logged into)... I was looking at this blog when I did it... anyway the entry is this : '+' Thats it. Just a plus sign. On a blog I didn't even know I could possbily be writing on. Oh yes... I'm web savvy!

So that leads me to why I was just sitting here when I did that. I was looking to see what was going on when I wrote last month. ... I didnt write. I did write two other blurbs in between today and this time last month but they were about the movie I was watching and wedding pictures.

So what have we been up to these past couple of months...? I think I had just come back from TN last time I updated. Since then its been a marathon of 'everydays'. It doesn't seem like anything overly interesting has happened. I finally finished a wedding that has been consuming me for months! It was absolutely beautiful and everything went miraculously well. for those of you who don't know- this wedding was a daily train-wreck with the client for 4 months. I'm so glad it's over!!! As bad as that one was, the very next weekend I had a wedding that went eerily well! Everything was wonderful! I've said it before and every wedding confirms it- this job is addicting! Another planner friend of mine says I'm a glutton for punnishment. Its probably true but it's always so worth it to see the payoff on the wedding day!

Brandon is starting to enjoy his work at the new restaurant more. (He moved to the Earls in Moore a couple of months ago) It's been an adjustment but I think he's enjoying work again. Any change takes some time to get used to and this was pretty much like starting a new job for him. The people down there are a lot different than they are in Edmond and the restaurant is a lot bigger so its a good challenge. I sure miss having him just around the corner all the time but his new schedule is great! I can't for the life of me tell you what it is... but he is home more often!! He golfs all the time. I was going to say anytime it isn't raining but that's not true. Only lightning stops him! And he tells me that just b/c its raining doesn't meant it's lightning... I'm just glad management will pull them off the course when it's too dangerous to play!

Peyton is great! He is growing like a weed lately! The pajamas I put on him Monday (that fit) are almost too small this weekend! He does really well with my crazy wedding schedule. He worked with me a couple of days on the first wedding this month because I had to be on-site a lot the week before the wedding and then he was so good to be shuttled around town between Brandon's family and the Lowrys. They are all SOO wonderful to help me out on wedding weekends! I don't know what I would do without them!!! Peyton seems to like the fast pace of our spring. There's something new almost everyday!

Its been a big weekend of spring cleaning at our house. I don't know what got into me the past couple of days but I've tackled three huge projects and I'm starting to feel it! I got almost all of the 4+ yr old grime off of our stove. There were baked-on rings around our burners that had been there since we moved in and I thought baking soda might just get them off. I was right. But it was A LOT of scrubbing!! I've worked on it for three days! Its almost all off. Then today I decided I really needed the extra room in the office and Peyton's room needed to be updated so we moved the twin bed into his room and moved everything around. He's not ready for that bed but it'll be nice to have a place to sit in there. And that way it's already there for when he is ready. Then I guess I just hadn't had enough because I decided to chop down a tree in the front yard! I started just trimming but trimming turned into chopping. And down it came! This was supposed to be a weekend OFF!! But it always makes me feel better to finish big projects! And now I'm definitely ready for bed so I better get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment