Friday, May 29, 2009

All Grown Up!

Every once in a while I'll have a day with Peyton when I know he has made a giant leap into growing up! Well yesterday was one of those days! And today confirmed it.

Yesterday morning Brandon and I were in our bedroom and Peyton was in his. We heard him playing in his room like he usually does before I go and let him out. But then we heard what sounded like the door closing. So I opened my door to see if he was in the hallway and he wasn't. But I could hear him trying to open his door. So I thought I'd wait and see if he could. About 30 seconds later, he was in the hallway! He had learned to open a door with a doorknob! So we went on with our day and I did at least think about putting a childproof protector on his door- one of those white covers. But I eventually forgot about doing it.

So THIS morning I thought I heard him open or close the door so I put on my glasses and robe and went out to greet him in the hallway. Well... I was late to the party! He was CLOSING the door to his room. He had already been up and gotten his breakfast! When I opened his door I saw that his face was covered in chocolate but I didn't know where he could have gotten chocolate. He was also trying to open a bag of graham crackers that I knew were in his diaper bag behind a baby gate.

So we went for a walk! Somehow he had pulled the baby gate down and gotten the mini oreos out of his diaper bag and finished those off. Then he got the graham crackers out and was trying to get into those. But I think that was the second stop. In the living room I found ALL of the dog food out on the floor and ALL of the water from the bowl on the kitchen floor! I think he had gotten up and gone through his regular routine. We put up the dog food and water and then get his milk and breakfast. He tried to put the dog food away but dropped it and did the same with the water. Then he couldn't get into the refrigerator so he went looking for food. All he could find was his diaper bag and somehow he pulled the gate down. So when he finished he went back to his room to play.

What a grown up little guy he has become! And, yes, he will have a protector on his door tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment