Saturday, February 21, 2009
We're growing our own!
Vegetables, that is! I've decided to become a miniature farmer. Miniature refers to the farm- not me! Right now the entire farm is located on my kitchen counter. I've planted seeds in peat pods and some are beginning to sprout. I have 12 teeny little tomato plants, 14 soon to be bell pepper plants, 7 soon to be lettuce plants and 5 soon to be corn plants. The 'soon to be's were just planted today so they haven't sprouted yet. The tomatoes are a week old and I already have some really strong sprouts. Some haven't peeked out yet but I've really enjoyed watching them grow this week! I really better get started on their permanent home in the yard. Brandon became inspired today when he realized how much money we'd save on produce and we're supposed to go pick up some more seeds tomorrow. I also decided I'd try to grow the flowers we'll put out front, too. My miniature farm is rapidly expanding... It should be a fun spring and summer project, though. And if you live anywhere close to me- I'll probably be calling you to unload some of this produce if it works out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment