No, the snakes haven't eaten me yet. I haven't been hunting again yet, either, though. I decided to take Peyton to the park the next day instead. It was a cool, overcast day and perfect for the snakes to be on the move. And it occured to me that I might uncover a nest with many, many snakes and I don't want them to be moving very quickly when I do. I'm planning to hunt the first warm day we have. We should have two pretty chilly days when they should get good and cold and good and slow moving!
I do feel that I should clarify one point on the snakes, though. These are tiny little pencil sized snakes. So small, in fact, that one got in under my sliding glass door! They're about a foot long but very, very thin. The way I talk about them I'm afraid I've given the impression that they are much more anaconda-like. They only exist that way in my head! For most people they wouldn't be much of a problem but I really, truly hate snakes and now that they've invaded my house, well, they all must die! Or go away on their own. I'd be completely happy with that scenario. Oh, and no, I don't buy into the 'they were here first' thing. Nope- I was here 4 years ago and I haven't seen one until now. All of these houses have been here for 25 years. They are definitely on my turf now. And, yes, I know they can be good for the garden. But I can deal with garden pests myself. Walmart has an entire section dedicated to helping me with that chore. And not one snake is on those shelves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ummm, okay they still sound huge to me! Glad it's you and not me! Good luck snake hunter...the saga continues.
ReplyDelete