Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's A Squash, Y'all.

I am just so proud of myself that I have to share!!  

Some time ago I finally bit the bullet and bought a spaghetti squash.  I've heard from many trustworthy sources that it really can substitute for spaghetti.  

So I gave it a try.

I put the "spaghetti" on the meal calendar.

I pinned a recipe.

I bought a squash.

I baked it.

I scraped it.

I made my standard boy-approved spaghetti sauce.

I served it up.

And, you know what!?  

It tasted

JUST

LIKE...

..squash!


Don't get me wrong - it was good.

I did like it.  In fact I ate some for lunch again the next day.

But it was NOT spaghetti.  

And the boys were not fooled.

I had such success with my "this-ground-beef-is-actually-turkey" magic trick that I didn't have a back up meal. Somehow I didn't have any actual noodles in the cabinet and, if memory serves, we ended up having Taco Bell for dinner.  

I was told that "if you put spaghetti on the calendar you better make spaghetti."

(well trained, if I do say so myself)

Apparently our family is the only family on the internet that feels this way but, y'all...

spaghetti squash is no magical fruit.

Its a squash and it tastes like a squash.


No comments:

Post a Comment