Monday, August 20, 2012

End of Summer Weekend and First Day of Kindergarten

One of Peyton's favorite things to do is have a "sleep over" which means he and I sleep in the living room and watch movies and have Scooby Snacks and popcorn.  So thats what we did for our Back to School weekend.  (and also because Daddy was out of town)

Never takes him long to fall asleep.

So Nimbus and I watched some more TV and read magazines.  But Nimbus didn't make it too long either.


Neither did Bella.  (yes she REALLY sleeps like that)

Saturday morning Peyton and I woke up and had a lazy morning playing video games and watching TV.

After breakfast we headed to Barnes and Noble to find some books & play with the trains & Legos.  Peyton ALWAYS wants to go to the "train place".  I don't think he realizes that its actually a store full of books.

Then we played at the mall and had lunch and tried to play at the park but it was too hot.  So we went home & settled for taking Nimbus for a walk later that evening.

The next week Peyton started Kindergarten. 
He was super excited! 
 
Until we actually got there. 
He wasn't sure about this whole thing once it got started.

But he lined up and headed to class.

And off he went!


He found his seat with his name on it.

And started his first day of school!

He was pretty overwhelmed but he did well. 
I think he will really enjoy it once he gets used to his new surroundings. 

1 comment:

  1. yay, Payton! You are such a big guy now, I can't believe it...

    Guess Mama's doing ok, too? :)

    much love...
    Chaney

    ReplyDelete