Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmastime Is Here!

I promised myself and Peyton and everyone else that Christmas WOULD be evident in our house this year.  And thanks to Pinterest and some good timing, I have gotten decorations inside (and a little bit outside) our house this year!  Most of the projects are 1/2 done!  But Peyton and I worked hard all weekend and got pretty far.  I think I'll be done with all of the projects I started by this evening.  There are several others that I didn't picture.  The mantle is one of them.  Its so far from done that I didn't put up a picture.
The top of the tree is bent a little- its not touching the ceiling.  Peyton insists that we need a star on top but I'm not sure.  I kind of like it without.  We'll see.

These are cookie cutters hung from ribbons.  I had intended to make wreaths out of the cookie cutters as I had seen on Pinterest but that was an epic fail.  (twice)  So I decided to try it this way.  I might like it better!  Tonight I'll finish the other side so that they go all the way across the window. 

This is an old cabinet we found in a storage unit.  We've had it on Craigslist for a while with only one bite and no sale.  I've loved it from the moment I saw it and when I needed to move it to put the tree in it's place, I decided we'd keep it.  I'm definitely not done decorating it for Christmas but I'm really happy with it there.

We got a bunch of discarded limbs from our tree and others when we bought our tree.  This is one of three arrangements I made with them.  The other two are on the outside of the office windows.

Peyton needed a picture, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment