This morning around 5:45 I woke to a little voice saying, 'Mommy...' about 12 inches from my face. I guess 4 years is long enough to know the difference in an "im sick", "i'm scared" and "i'm just awake". This was "I"m just awake at 5:45". Which recently carries the message "the pee pee has soaked through my pull up and has made my bed uncomfortable" So after he changed himself and was dry again I let him lay down in my bed until it was time to get up. At 6:15 my alarm went off and I talked myself into "just 5 more minutes". Of course Peyton was ready to get up. So I told him I was going to lay there 5 more minutes and then get in the shower. He could lay with me or he could go in and turn on the TV. So he climbed out of the bed but turned on the light in my bathroom instead of heading to the living room. I was curious but not enough to actually get up out of the bed to see what he was doing- I just assumed he somehow had MORE pee pee and listened carefully for noises that would compel me out of bed. I heard him turn on the water in the bathtub and I figured he thought he was going to beat me to the shower. About the time I decided I had better go in and make sure he didn't actually climb in by himself and slip and cause the morning to spiral out of control, he showed up at my bed again.
Peyton: "you wanted a shower, not a bath, right?"
Me: "yes, I do want a shower. It was very nice of you to start it for me"
Peyton: "ok. I turned on the bath. I didn't know how to turn on the shower."
Doesnt that just melt your heart???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

such a sweetheart... You have a very sensitive boy there. My Derek is the same way. He's always been very in tune with what I need and tried to stay one step ahead of me to surprise me.
ReplyDeleteLove that Peyton!
So Sweet!
ReplyDelete