Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day in New Mexico

If I told you I had been busy over the last few days, I would feel that I was misleading you.  Aside from a few moments here and there, the last week has been a race of events.  It has all been good, let me assure you.  But busy. 

Last Wednesday Brandon and Ryan went Storage Unit Auctioning.  (Thats my term, but you may use it)  They have recently joined the world of buying storage units at auction and reselling the items inside.  Peyton and I joined them for the digging Wednesday night and found lots of little treasures. 

Thursday morning we all got up and went our separate ways.  I spent the morning packing and preparing for our trip to New Mexico over the weekend and met Peyton's new (pre-K!!) teacher.  There were many other boring things involved but I won't list them here. 

Friday Brandon and I drove to Albuquerque, NM for the wedding of Brandon's friend from high school.  Friday night and Saturday are a bit of a blur but they were filled with old friends and new friends and everyone had a really good time. 

Sunday we met Brandon's mom, sister & brother in law, aunt, cousin & grandma at a house they had rented in north Albuquerque for the weekend.  They had Peyton and played while we were at the wedding festivities.  Sunday we all loaded up and took the Sandia tram up the mountain.  It was foggy and cool and beautiful but I only have pictures from the top and bottom of the mountain.  (when my feet were firmly planted on the ground)  If you know me much at all you know that I was entirely too focused on breathing to take pictures from inside the tram.  I hear it is a beautiful view, though.
Peyton taking a rest on the many stairs.

Brandon at the peak looking into the cloud

Fog at the top

At the bottom

Enjoying the weather

There were lots of kids in the pool at the Sandia resort (where we ate lunch) but we were wearing long sleeves.  Our bodies thought 77 degrees was a bit chilly...

Monday we loaded up and came home to get ready for the week.  I dont think I succeeded in getting ready but we all made it to work and school and we had a great weekend to show for our sleepy faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment