Saturday, June 4, 2011

Food Blogging - Peyton Style

Friday Night Burrito al Fresco


Memorial Day Weekend Ice Cream

Breakfast on the Patio
(that's an egg on an english muffin- somehow it looks like a donut on my computer.  I don't know why.)

OK - on this one I need to stop and congratulate Peyton & Kashi. 
Peyton actually ate THREE pieces of Kashi pizza!!  And all of his broccoli- but he loves broccoli so that wasn't such a surprise.  I try to capitalize on the few healthy foods Peyton eats willingly.  Peyton loves pizza but I do not love all of the grease and nitrates and fat and carbs that make pizza so delicious.  I have tried several healthier versions of pizza to no avail.  It always ends with Peyton telling me that 'this is not pizza'.  But Kashi makes a pizza that passes the Peyton AND mom tests!!! 
Mom tests: healthy enough to eat on a regular basis - under $5 per person - ready in under 30 minutes


Proof.

Also- the Starbucks cup is the same one in all of the pics.  Peyton and I have gotten into a Starbucks habit lately.  There is nothing better on a sweltering Saturday morning of running errands than a Grande Apple Juice.  Unless it is a Trenta Iced Coffee.  And the bonus- you get a super cool Starbucks cup (with a straw!) to drink your water and milk out of for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment