Thursday, March 12, 2009
Poor Peyton
Poor little Peyton, is what I keep thinking today. Last night when I put him in the bathtub I saw a sore on his chest. It looked like a giant pimple but I didn't think he probably had an acne problem just yet. So I touched it to see if it was warm and it hurt him a lot. So we left it alone and I thought about it while he played and realized it looked an awful lot like the staph infection I had a few years ago. So I looked this morning and sure enough, the red area was a little bigger so I took him in to the doctor this afternoon. It is staph but shouldn't be too bad. He gave us an ointment and a special soap to use on him to try to keep it from spreading before it goes away. We're supposed to give it 24 hours and call him if he runs a fever or it gets bigger. So his chest hurts and he really doesn't like for me to mess with it to put the ointment on and I saw that his molar will probably break thru his gums tonight! Poor guy! His appointment was right at nap time so he didn't get a nap at all. He just cried and cried at the pharmacy. He finally laid his head down and stopped crying so I thought he was asleep but he wasn't. Just too pooped to cry anymore. So we've turned to Nemo for comfort. This is the third time we've started the movie today...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness! Poor Peyton! This is what we've been dealing with since October with Leah. Her staph keeps returning. Hopefully, this time it's gone for good. Keep us posted on Peyton! Ugh, I hate staph!!! It's so frustrating!
ReplyDelete